ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1033630016

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Ancesry
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 03:26:56 EDT

I have belonged to Ancestry for a couple of years now and have found it
helpfull, mostly the census. It is great for me because I live outside he US
and don' have access to the census. I have not had any trouble with spam from
them. I did join genealogy.com and I really liked it and I did get enormous
amounts of spam from them. I contacted them and it stopped immedaitly. I have
a questtion for Olivetree. It seems like everytime I check out one of their
sites it goes right back to Ancestry. Am I doing something wrong or is it
just a way to get people to use Ancestry?
Can anyone help me find out how to go about getting a birth registration or
certificate for 1820 for a person born in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New
York or is there someone on the list who will do some research there for me?
Thanks Kathy

This thread: