ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1033750228

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Claiborne County, TN. Pioneer Project Updated
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:50:28 EDT

Hello Cousins,

If you have anyone from N.E. Tennessee it would be worth your while to check
us out.

Dusti just finished up the update for the Claiborne County Pioneer Project!

I'm happy to say that over 10,000 new folks have been identified since the
last update! Who'd of thought 2 years ago when the online part of the
project started with 30,000 folks identified as having been born, lived or
died in Claiborne County that we'd be up to the current level of well over
90,000 identified. The site has had almost 122,000 hits in the past 2 years
and Denny, Marla, Dusti and myself are very proud of that achievement.

<A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ccpp/pioneer/index.htm">Claiborne County Pioneer Project</A>
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ccpp/pioneer/index.htm

We have a few new links that need to be added, and it's not to late to add
yours if you have one. Just send it over to me.

You'll also notice on the front page down at the bottom right, that a new
website for the Claiborne County Cemetery Association has been added. We're
going to have an auction to raise funds for the Preservation of the
Cemeteries for the Association but I'll send you more info on that in the
next few days.

My Thanks to Denny and Marla Brubaker for their commitment to this project.
They are truly wonderful folks to know. They are two of the most generous
people on earth. The next most generous person is my cousin Dusti who spends

many, many hours updating the website and doing all the other websites for
Claiborne County that I seem to easily talk her into! lol Without these
people so many of you wouldn't have the info that you've been able to get
about your families.

Enjoy!

Pam

Support the Claiborne County Cemeteries Association
<A HREF="http://claibornecolib.tripod.com/ccca/auction/index.html">CCCA Auction</A>
http://claibornecolib.tripod.com/ccca/auction/index.html
We have several Claiborne County, Tennessee Cemeteries listed online

This thread: