ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1033844792

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] free virus scans
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:06:32 -0500

Often we get requests of the list about a message that was deleted...by mistake...because we did not think we would need it...all kinds of reasons....
FOLKS!
This list has an archives.....and a great Search tool....
If you know the list, then you have ALL the tools available to you that you need to FIND WHAT YOU lost!
and if you do not know the list NAME, I bet that you have a pretty good idea which lists you belong to and THAT is where you will find the messages that have been posted but deleted....

THE PLACE to start - which is often the case - is at the Rootsweb.com home page.....
scroll to MAILING LISTS...
click on INTERACTIVE SEARCH which you would then respond with ROOTS , Submit, then enter in scan and submit....
The results will be all the messages that have SCAN in them.....
If you know it was just yesterday that the message came through, then go to the archives for YESTERDAY....
Again, rootsweb.com scroll to mailing lists.....click threaded archives.....enter in ROOTS submit, then click on the month that is appropriate..... then where it says threaded, open this and choose CHRONOLOGICAL and click on the date and REDISPLAY.....then scroll to the date of interest.....
I know for a fact that it will take you less time to actually DO what I have written than to READ this note! FACT!
If you have not tried this, then give it a whirl and open up a new world for research to yourself......
A researcher who calls himself/herself a researcher and does not try all the tools that are availed... are not researchers...
they just play at it.....
Try it......