ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1033915950

From: "J Silverthorn" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Treasures to inherit.
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 08:52:30 -0600

I have quietly read from the sidelines these many months, have enjoyed the dialog between folks. Wanted to add some of my most cherished treasures to the list. My grandmother taught me how to sew, I have her scissors, thimbles, measuring tape, a well worn box to hold these things, including some doll clothes she made for me when I was 7 or 8 years old. Then she cut out doll clothes and told me "I'll show you how, but from now on YOU make the things you want." I did and I have, raised a family, sewed clothes, drapes, toys, gifts, taught a daughter and granddaughter to sew, these are the hand-me-down treasures to give. Those skills passed on can last many many lifetimes.
Joanne Silverthorn

This thread: