ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034039236

From: "Stephanie Nees" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Screvenger....previously asked about.
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 21:07:16 -0400

I asked my boyfriend about this subject. I told him that it could be
confused with scrivener's; however, I knew he would do his best efforts in
finding something. "Words" are one his nitches in life. Dang him, he can do
the newspaper crossword puzzel in less that 15 minutes. Oh, well, here is
his response to the "Scrivenger" request and hope that it is of some help or
value.......Randy wrote:

As far as I was able to find in a brief search, Scrivenger is a common
surname in Western Europe. It appearws to be Scottish in origin. I found
several links to articles w/that name. There is also a prominent UK law
firm by that name. They specialize in medical law. This from searching
Google and Ask Jeeves. Brittanica.com gives no result. Sorry I couldn't
find more.

Randy

This thread: