ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034059450

Subject: [ROOTS-L] The Village of Leiderscharen, Germany
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 02:44:10 EDT

This is my first attempt at communication via a mailing list. If I commit any
kind of breach of netiquette, please inform me.

My grandfather, Gustave August Carsten, died in California in 1941. His birth
certificate states that he was born in "Leiderscharren, Germany" in 1856. So
far, I have been unable to determine where this village or town might be. I
cannot find a gazetteer or map that lists such a place, and have yet to find
anyone who knows of it. I would greatly appreciate any help on this problem.

Don Carsten

This thread: