ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034161235

From: "Jean Wallace" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Re: naturalization wait?
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 07:00:35 -0400

I just received my grandfathers homestead file from the NARA what a deal. I
knew that you had to be a citizen to be granted the homestead but, I never
expected to receive an actual copy of his certificate. That and about 9
other pages. It was great.

Everything he did was in Furnas Co. NE. But, he was naturalized in
Indianola, Red Willow Co. I know that Indianola is a lot closer than Beaver
City so, maybe you didn't have go to the county that you lived in.

Anyway it's worth the try.
Jean