ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034173412

From: "Bunce, Jeffrey H." <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Conflicting Information in Books/Sources - MA/ME FLANDERS
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:23:32 -0400

I've been using the following books/sources in the research of my FLANDERS
lineage. However, I find conflicting information. My question, although
general in nature, is which source is the more highly regarded for its
accuracy? I understand that these are 'transcriptions' of original records
and THAT would be the most accurate to use (when easily accessible!). Also,
what do genealogists generally do when sources disagree on vital records?

1. David Hoyt: Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massacjusetts
2. Ellen Dunbar: The Flanders Family from Europe to America
3. Ellery Kirke Taylor: Descendants of Stephen Flanders of Salisbury,
Massachusetts
4. William Prescott: The Flanders Family

This thread: