ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034264521

From: "Lorine McGinnis Schulze" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Ontario Canada 1871 Census Look-up
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:42:01 -0400

On 10 Oct 2002 at 7:56, wrote:

> From: Nancy Wilkinson <>
> Subject: Ontario Canada 1871 Census Look-up
>
> Is there anyone who has easy access to the 1871 Federal
> Census for Canada? I have possibly found my ggrandfather in the
> census, but would like to know the name of the head of household
> or any other information not listed in the index that may
> identify him. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for
> the look-up. I have been so busy at work and in the evenings
> that I have not had the time to get down to the FHS to order.
> It would be greatly appreciated. The information I have is:
>
> Charles Wilkinson
> Microfilm Reel: C-9894
> Reference: RG31 - Statistics Canada
> District: Bothwell
> Sub-district: Camden

Nancy,

Why not order the page you want from NAC (National Archives of
Canada)? That is cheap and easy. (20 cents per page, no
shipping charges if under 100 copies)

However you've left off the important bits in the index entry --
namely the Division and Page #. They are there along with the
info you posted here on RootsL. Just go back to the searchable
index for 1871. Didn't I do this original lookup for you?

If you can' t find it you can use the yellow search engine at

http://olivetreegenealogy.com/can/ont/census.shtml

Requests for copies must include complete references: RG 31,
name of person, district name and number, sub-district name and
letter, division (if applicable), page number, microfilm reel
number. Only the indexed pages from schedules one and two will
be copied.

Anyway here's how to order from NAC

http://www.archives.ca/02/020206_e.html

Lorine