ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034267966

From: Peter B McCue <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Samuel Edward Cole
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:39:26 -0400

Hi List:
Seeking info of my mom's first husband: SAMUEL EDWARD COLE born in Cherry
Hill (Cecil Co. ) Maryland in 1885 to James & Mary (nee Drennen) Cole. I
know he married my mom CLARA GUSBERG in Aug. 1917 in Hartford CT., where
they lived for a short while then they moved to Newark, DE. by June 1918
when Samuel had to register for the draft of WW-1. By 1919 the Coles were
no longer living together. He had worked for the Curtis Paper Mill; was
an officer in the Knights of Pythias; the Masons, a volunteer fireman in
Newark and a member of the Methodist church. He died in 1943 and is
buried in The Methodist Church Cemetery in Cherry Hill, MD. I would pay
for a photo of him.

This thread: