ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034279558

From: "Tony Tickner" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] TICKNER Henry Executed in 1895
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:52:38 +0100

I am seeking information to how I can get the information about Henry Tickner, who was executed on the 2nd July 1895 at Wandsworth for the murder of hid wife. I got this information from the web site on Newgate Prison, I was then told to look in the Newgate Chronicles, which I got from the library, this told me nothing. I was then told that I would get the information from the Haydens Dictionary of dates, which was a reference book in the library, but still nothing. The information I am looking for is where can I Find transcripts or reports on the trial, as I need to know the name of Henry's wife to see if he was my Great Grandfather, as nobody in my family can shed any light on the subject.

Thanks in anticipation
Tony Tickner

This thread: