ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034429120

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Cigar makers
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:25:20 -0500

check the city directories....
check the advertisements in the newspaper at that time....
suspect that there was more that one cigar maker...
could be too, that he lived where he worked.....
Check the local historical society too for many info that they have for businesses...namely cigar makers....
should you be interested in this from the standpoint of HOW it was all done.... you might want to check around in MIAMI on your next trip to the area... I know there is one hand roller there....but cannot remember the name of the place or exactly the location.... Check with Miami's business license department..they would be able to tell you where......
I doubt that you will find too many employment records but I would certainly keep trying to find them..... again: Historical Society....of purblic library in town......
and Be sure to POST to the WARREN PA list...or one that is in that area....

valentine
.
.