ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034538582

Subject: [ROOTS-L] More about Joseph R. Waldrop 19th Infantry Reg. Co. H
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:49:42 EDT

More about Joseph R. Waldrop.

In 1860 there was a Physician name J. R. Waldrop in Tippah County,
Mississippi.

Does anyone claim this Joseph R. Waldrop?

I am not sure where my Joseph Ryan Waldrop was in 1861.

In 1858 my J. R. was in Arkansas and in 1866 he was in Alabama.
He was ambushed and Killed August 13. 1870 in Escatawpa, Alabama , Washington
County. Killer or Killers were never caught. Jury ruled death as a
radical murder.
The Civil War in Mississippi

Waldrop, Joseph R.( - )
Joseph R. Waldrop

Joined <A HREF="http://www.researchonline.net/mscw/unit112.htm">the MS 19th Infantry Regiment - Company H</A> May 18, 1861

Where Tippah County, Mississippi

Enlisted by Capt. C.W. Hardy Cannan, Mississippi, Tippah County
19th Reg't Mississippi Vols. May 18, 1861 he was a Private.

He was 4th Sergent of Captain I. G. Hamell

Paid.....by Capt. Jno. Amber

The Civil War in Mississippi © - 2000 Eastern Digital Resources
<A HREF="http://www.researchonline.net/mscw/msstart.htm">The Civil War in Mississippi</A>
<A HREF="http://www.researchonline.net/mscw/mastindx.htm">Index</A>;

This thread: