ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034706247

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Chicken & Dumplings OT
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:24:07 EDT

you wrote: "According to research by the National Broiler Council, the
South is the
domain of puffy dumplings while slick dumplings are favored by the
Pennsylvania Dutch and various other ethnic groups. "

I wonder if anyone knows anything about puffy apple dumplings. My grandmother
used to make them, enclosing slices of apple & some cinnamon & sugar in some
kind of dumpling dough, and dropping them into boiling water with a little
bit of milk. They were absolutely delicious and no one seems to know how to
make this dough. Every one I have attempted either breaks up or won't hold
the apples.
Thanks,
Carol

This thread: