ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034716733

Subject: [ROOTS-L] anyone with AOL can't check mail size!
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:18:53 EDT

I wrote AOL free help for the second time, and this time asked how to check
the size of emails sent to me. I asked MORE THAN ONCE using different words,
as you may see by the answers from the on-line tech. Anyway, thought I would
share if there is another AOL user out there in the same fog I am in! :)

AOLTechADO: Unfortunately, you cannot check the size of an email. However,
you can still safely open the email without getting infected with a virus,
but do not click on any links or download file attachment.
AOLTechADO: This will ensure that your computer will not be infected with a
virus.
AOLTechADO: Yes, you will not get infected with a virus in just opening an
email. Just DO NOT click on links and download file attachment if the email
is from an unknown sender.

So there you are. Now, I have Norton and McAfee so really was not TOO
worried, but did want to see how big each is! Guess I really can't.

Char Keeping the humor

This thread: