ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034785382

From: "Jean Wallace" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: 1900 census Index
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:23:02 -0400

Hi Joyce,

I got into genealogy.com before I knew that there was so much out there you
can get for free. I have the 1900 US Census (indexed), and the Passengers
Immigration records that I consider invaluable. I pay the monthly fee for
them but, I think that they have package deals now that might be better.

I would not give up the Census for anything. As the 1900 census give month
and birthyear for each person I diligently look there for everyone I feel
should be living in 1900. I use it a lot to look up requests on this site
also. That way I really feel I am getting my moneys worth.

Passenger Immigration records: I have probably found more for others than I
have myself on these record but, they are worth it
.
I almost forgot, the World Family Tree. I have gotten great contacts from
there. My family all comes from Western Europe and have unusual names,
GUTZMAN, HOFENSTINE, JASPERSEN, KEPPELS, BIESCKS, BELDERS, so they have
been easy to find if they are on the trees at all.

Hope this helps
Jean

> family. You stated in your last e-mail to Roots Digest that you have
> the 1900 census index from Genealogy.com. Is this index for the whole
> United States? Are you happy with Genealogy.com and what it has to
> offer? I am really interested in joining but wanted to see what you
> think of the program.
> Thank you
> Joyce Zeigler

This thread: