ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034858128

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Dumplings
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:35:28 EDT

My Mom could make the best biscuits and dumplings in the world. So I tried
cooking them for my children. However, I gave up over forty years age.
Wouldn't you if when you made biscuits one of your sons would take one and
say "baseball anyone?" and then he would start singing " and one rolled off
the table and killed a pal of mine."
I have tried a few times in these past years and just the other day I tried
again. Oh me, my husband took out his sharp knife to cut the biscuit open to
put the butter on it. Then the rest was left in the pan.
Just for spite I left them there for two days, finally he remarked," Are you
leaving these here for prosperity?" What did I say?
Well, I will leave that to your imagination.
Pat in FL

This thread: