ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1034867488

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Food talk and other non-genealogy
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:11:28 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/2002 11:30:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

I for one, see a true link of food with genealogy, just as much as military
records, careers, or anything that pertains to what made the person who they
were. My dearest memories of my ancestors is what they cooked. I see my
Great Aunt making cornbread dressing, as she was from the south, my Mother
making one of her NY dishes, My beloved Aunt Joyce cooking the best food in
the world. These may not be dates, but they are my memories of these people
and these recipes are added to the oral histories of each person. I still
miss my mother's bread pudding, that was always my choice for my birthday,
rather than a cake. I make it, using the same recipe, but it is not
her's......something about the mother's touch.
JMHO Pat

Arden & Pat Houser

This thread: