ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035044473

Subject: [ROOTS-L] infant baptizm thread
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:21:13 EDT

Dear Listers...I am sure I will get lots of flack from this but here goes. A
thread has been running on Baptism of infants. There is no such thing
according to the Bible. You can christen a baby but this is not baptism. the
only way to be baptized is to confess the Lord is Jesus and a baby can't do
that. so he can't be baptized until he has reached the age of accountability.
Tis the same as trying to baptize a dead person... it can't be done To
christen and get the baby into the church records is good for genealogist but
that is all. Just a thought. good rooting to all Tex

This thread: