ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035080148

From: "Floyd Timson" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Paper vs Electronic Storage
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:15:48 -0400

I have a family genealogy written in 1905. I refer to it many times in working with my present family genealogy research. In the 1970's I collected forest data for studies. the information is still relevant today: However, the data is on punch cards and nobody can get to it. In the 80's we wrote programs and did analysis on computers: However, those programs were written in DOS, WATFIV, and FORTRAN -- much on 5 1/4 disk. Few if any present day computers can decipher the language or the data as recorded. I still read and use that genealogy report put on paper in 1905. -- Floyd

This thread: