ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035412724

From: ETM <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: WinZip has changed a GEDCOM file
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:38:44 -0400

AOL zips files if they are too large. Use the AOL keyword and
ask for zip or unzip and see what you find.

As for evaluation programs, they are very common, my preference
is to try before buying. It makes sense for vendors to do this.
It isn't necessary to use WinZip to unzip a file although I
personally think it is the easiest of the zipping programs to
use. There are free zipping/unzipping programs out there, simply
do a Google search and you should be able to locate them,
although I feel certain AOL must offer something since they
do the zipping of files that exceed their "rules". Uninstall
Winip if you don't want to purchase it, then install another
zipping/unzipping program and use that one.

--

Researching Family:

S L E P I C K A / S L E P I C A (loosely translates to little hen > CHICKEN)
H R U S K A / H R U S K O V A
P E A R / P E A R Y (literal translation of H R U S K A / H R U S K O V A)

> Yes,BUT if you have tried the free trial of WInZip and it has expired then
> you have to buy the program from them to open zip files. I personally think
> its a RIP OFF for them to have done this.
> Ernie WRIGHT

This thread: