ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035552422

From: "Steve W. Jackson" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Alabama Death Indexes
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:27:02 -0500

>Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:31:47 -0400
>From: "Roland A. Six" <>
>Subject: Alabama Death Indexes
>
>Rooters, does anyone have access to the AL Death Indexes circa 1927?
>
>Please e-mail me directly. Thanks!
>
>Roland

Roland,

The AL Death Index for 1908 to 1959 is available via Ancestry.com
(where I have an account). It's dated, in that all data 25 years old
is public and a newer set of data isn't there. But it will cover
1927. There may be other online sources I'm not aware of. And you
can obtain microfilm of indexes and many of the death certificates
found on it via your local Family History Center. But if you'd like,
contact me directly and I'll try and look up something for you at
Ancestry.

= Steve =
--
Steve W. Jackson