ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035742000

From: "Lana Renfro Moye" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] OLD SONGS ETC.
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:06:40 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I worked as a wedding director, and one of the ideas I did to make the
wedding special for everyone was to investigate the favorite songs of the
parents, Grandparents, etc.

I inquired about the songs they fell in love to, "their song". Then if
possible I would find a recording of it and use it as part of the wedding.
Played before the wedding during that long period when we all get to just
sit and wait in our seats. Also during the reception. Sometimes we used
the music at the rehearsal dinner, things like that.

Every Parent and Grandparent loved it. It made the wedding apart of their
history.

Lana Renfro Moye

Stoneyfields Ranch
Oklahoma