ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035795677

From: "Gloria" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Naturalization Records
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:01:17 -0600

I'm trying to find Naturalization records for my ggrandfather, Casper SCHMIDT.

Casper was born 3 May 1833 in Prussia or Germany. I was told that he crossed the Atlantic at age 18 heading for the US and that he settled in WI. Therefore, Casper SCHMIDT should have been in the US in 1860, but I couldn't find him anywhere in the 1860 Wisconsin census, but then I did find him in the 1870 census living in Caladonia, Columbia Co., WI stating that he was a US citizen.

Does anyone have the address and phone number for the Columbia Co., Court House in WI?

Thank you for your help!
Gloria

This thread: