ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035818677

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Benjamin and Ezekial Waldrop
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:24:37 EST

Is there any disagreement on the Benjamin
Waldrop line?

If so, where is the disagreement?

Below Benjamin and Asley Waldrop who were with Green Berry (born 1791) in
Gwenette
County, Georgia in 1824 along with Bodie.

May I ask is my line is correct from Benjamin and Asley
Waldrop , Green Berry Waldrop (born 1791)
Joseph Ryan Waldrop (born 1826 in Alabama
or Mississippi, Mississippi was listed on census 1870) Green Berry was in
Alabama
in 1823 listed purchasing land in Alabama
and then he went back to Georgia where
he was a Minister and purchased quite abit
of land in Harris, Muscogee and Talbot County
from the early 1830s to early 1840 then he
moved on to Ponotoc , Mississippi then over
to DeSoto, County until he died in 1854.
Joseph Ryan Waldrop is listed in his will
along with Henry Low, McDonald, Nancy
Caroline Waldrop Higginbottom,Joseph
Ryan Waldrop first wife Nancy and their
Children Georgia Ann Waldrop Thornton and
Stephen Franklin.

Rev. Green Berry(born 1791, died 1854)
traveled back and for according to Land
Deeds from the Carolinas to thru Gwenette,
Georgia, then Alabama back to Georgia,
back to Alabama then settled in DeSoto,
Mississippi where he died.
Families.....Heard, Thornton,Higginbottom, Scott, Thomas, Walkers and
Baxters.
My Baxters...Sarah Baxter Waldrop.
Dr. Joseph Ryan Waldrop was ambushed
shot and killed (August 13, 1870) by a shot gun twelve yards
away in Escatawpa, Alabama, Washington
County. The killer or killers were never found ,
it was ruled as radical murder.
This is where my Joseph Ryan Waldrop.
Information from the Mobile Register Newspaper dated August 16, 1870.
He was call the Hon. Joseph Waldrop
and Dr. Waldrop and has just finished a
term as State Rep. of Washington County,
Alabama.
I have not connected my Joseph R. Waldrop
with the Civil War Joseph R. Waldrop ,even
tho this JRW lived in North Mississipi where
my JRW lived. Nor have I connected my JRW
with the 1860 Tippah County , Mississippi
Dr. J. R. Waldrop, Physician.
My line is connected by oral family stories
where my Joseph Ryan Waldrop lived, had
another family in North Mississippi. The family
stories mention a first marriage, father was
a minister, family member thought of as a
son by first wife name Stephen who came to
visit him in Alabama 1867-1870. Stories mention Pontotoc, Canna, West Point
and
quite a bit of talk of DeSoto, Mississippi.
My aunt Louise Waldrop Jorgensen 1905-
2000 said her grandpapa Joe, went to school
in West Point , Mississippi.

I don't remember all the stories I heard as a
child, but I do remember the names of the
towns , I do remember West Point, DeSoto,
Pontotoc, where there is a plaque with Rev.
Green Berry's name on a highway with other
ministers.
My connection with my Joseph Ryan Waldrop
is from 1866 on down. I have gathered information from Faye Waldrop Johnston,
(Ezekial) Green Berry Waldrop's wills
and other information along with Marshall
Waldrup(Major Washington Waldrop)

I was contacted a Waldrop family member
who was related to the 1860 Tippah County,
Mississippi , Physician with wife and four
children J. R. Waldrop, Physician. He said
he had heard this was the same JRW as mine
the State Rep. of Washington County, Ala.
But, I lost contact with him, before we could
confirm the connection.

Does everyone agree on this line have posted below? At the bottom under my
personal comments.

My Joseph Ryan Waldrop's father is Green Berry
Waldrop, Georgia, early 1830s to 1840. Rev. Green
Berry Waldrop was in Alabama in 1824 where my
Joseph Ryan Waldrop might have been born there or in Mississippi in 1826, he
Married Nancy Heard and his daughter was born in Tubelo, Mississippi in 1845
and a son Stephen Franklin.
Benjamin Waldrop's parents were Ezekila Waldrop,
born 1784, in Granville County, North Carolina
Wife Martha Johnston. Benjamin Waldrop married
Alsey, born about 1784.

ID: I659
Name: Ezekial Waldrop
Surname: Waldrop
Given Name: Ezekial
Sex: M
Birth: ABT 1748 in Granville County North Carolina
Death: 1823 in Buncombe County North Carolina
_UID: 1D14D41A0EBF7F4A80FB3B53E5EBAAA8E082
Note:
> Batch #: F515255, Sheet #: 38, Source Call #: 1553607
>
> Ezekiel is said to have served in the Revolutionary War and fought atKing's
> Mountain. It is thought that he married at least twice beforemarriage to
> Kuykendall.
> Ezekiel Waldrop is found in a deed 5 Aug 1822 to James Kuyendall,recorded
> 20 Dec 1827, book 14, page 347. Deed of 9 Apr 1828 to JohnHamilton found in
> Book 15 page 125, 100 acres on Chaoweek Mill Creek.His wife Martha may be a
> Johnston or Kuykendall.
>
> Mentioned in father's will.
>
> Ezekiel's children may not be listed in order of their births. Family
> tradition has it that Exekiel fought in the Rev War and at King'sMountain.
> However, no record has been found. Ezekiel lived in GranvilleCo, NC,
> Rutherford Co, NC, Newberry Co, SC, Rutherford Co, NC, BuncombeCo, NC.
> Possibly, he lived in Greene Co, TN. Circumstantial evidenceseems to
> indicate that he lived in Greene Co, TN prior to movung toRutherford Co, NC
> abt 1780.
> Tabitha & her husband Thomas Adams were living in Buncombe Co on 9 Apr1828.
> Nancy & her husband Thomas Price were living in Buncombe Co on 9 Apr1828.
> Permelia was living in Buncombe Co on 9 Apr 1828. Perhaps her husbandMr.
> Short had died before that time.
> Samuel Newman Gary was living in Buncombe Co. on 9 Apr 1828. He
> wasenumerated in the 1830 Census of Rutherford, the 1840 & 1850 of
> Hendersonand the 1870 census if POlk Co NC.
> He was buried in DeHrt Cemetery in Tellica Plains, TN. His birth &
> deathdates are taken from the gravsetone.
> Rebecca & her husband Joseph Kuykendall were living in Habersham Co, GAon 9
> Apr 1828.
> Family Tradition has it that Ezekel died on his 75th birthday. Ezekeilwas
> received by experience int the Bush River Baptist Church in NewberryCo, SC
> on 27 Jun 1802.

Change Date: 20 Jan 2002 at 00:00:00

Father: <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I582">John Waldrop Sr.</A> b: ABT 1734 in Amelia County Virginia
Mother: <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I879">Millicent</A>; b: 1730 in Va?

Marriage 1 <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I17130">Martha Johnston</A>
Married: BEF 1788Children
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15050">Robert Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1774 in Newberry County South Carolina
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15051">William Waldrop</A> b: 1775 in Nc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15080">Amos Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1776 in North Carolina
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15082">Daniel Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1780 in Nc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15084">Benjamin Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1784 in Nc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15086">Greenberry Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1788 in Nc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I4744">Tabitha "Tabe" Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1790 in Newberry Co ? Sc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15087">Mahan Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1791 in Nc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I4743">Mary "Polly" Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1792
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I4742">Permilla "Millie" Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1794
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I4739">Charles Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1796
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15090">Nancy Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1796 in Newberry County South Carolina ?
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I15094">Samuel Newman Gary Waldrop</A> b: 15 Mar 1801 in Newberry County South Carolina
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I4737">Rebecca Waldrop</A> b: ABT 1805 in Nc
<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=hicksgl&surname=Waldrop%2C+Ezekial">Index</A>; | <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=hicksgl&id=I659">Descendancy</A>; | <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=hicksgl&id=I659">Register</A>; | <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&db=hicksgl&id=I659">Pedigree</A>; | <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=hicksgl&id=I659">Ahnentafel</A>; | <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igmpostem.cgi?op=add&app=hicksgl&notify=didnt%40byrd%2Esytes%2Enet&key=I659&return=%3Ca+href%3D%22%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Figm%2Ecgi%3Fop%3DGET%26amp%3Bdb%3Dhicksgl%26amp%3Bid%3DI659%22%3EReturn+to+Ancestry+World+Tree%3C%2Fa%3E">Add Post-em</A>

Major contributors: Howard Waldrop - MI, Bill Couch - AR, Bob Waldrop - FL,
Rebecca Morris - TX, Clyde Waldrop - CA, Kathy J.Wade - GA, Melody Sanchez -
CA, Howard Waldrop - IL, Deborah Zouras - SC, Thomas King - TX,

<A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hicksgl&id=I659&printer_friendly">; Printer Friendly Version</A> <A HREF="http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gsfn=Ezekial&gsln=Waldrop&gspl=1%2CAny+Locality&submit=Search&gl=allgs&prox=1&gss=wctest">; Search Ancestry</A> <A HREF="http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?surname=Waldrop&given=Ezekial">; Search AWT</A> <A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/subscribe/subscribeplanstx.asp?SourceCode=800">; Join Ancestry.com
Today!</A>

<A HREF="http://www.myfamilyinc.com/">About Us</A> | <A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/rx/help.asp">Site Help</A> | <A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/home/partner/main.htm">Affiliate Program</A> | <A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/legal/privacy.htm">Privacy Statement</A> | <A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/legal/terms.htm">Terms and
Conditions</A>
Copyright © 1998-2002, MyFamily.com Inc. and its subsidiaries – Use and
access <A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/legal/terms.htm">subject to license</A>writeBrandFooter(m_Domain);

In memory of our mother Myra Elnora Richardson Waldrop (Sandra, Juanita and
Norma
Waldrop) who alway signed off with," May The Lord Bless You and Keep You and
May His Face Shine Upon You , Both Now and Forever.
Amen. "

This thread: