ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1035857359

From: joe <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Naturalization Records
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:09:19 -0700

Hello Gloria,
You can find information on obtaining Wisconsin Naturalization records
at these links...

Microfilmed Index for Assorted Illinois, Indiana, Iowa & Wisconsin Counties
http://zensite.home.att.net/genealogy/m1285.html

(includes Columbia County, WI)

Naturalization Records at the Wisconsin Historical Society
http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/genealogy/natlzn/natlist.htm

Good luck with your search.

Regards,
Joe

--
Finding US Naturalization Records (a genealogy guide)
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/naturalizationrecords.html

"Gloria" <> wrote:

> I'm trying to find Naturalization records for my ggrandfather, Casper SCHMIDT.
>
> Casper was born 3 May 1833 in Prussia or Germany. I was told that he crossed the
>Atlantic at age 18 heading for the US and that he settled in WI.
Therefore, Casper
>SCHMIDT should have been in the US in 1860, but I couldn't find him
anywhere in the >1860 Wisconsin census, but then I did find him in the
1870 census living in
>Caladonia, Columbia Co., WI stating that he was a US citizen.
>
> Does anyone have the address and phone number for the Columbia Co.,
>Court House in WI?
>
> Thank you for your help!
> Gloria

This thread: