ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1046913276

From: "Jo Anne Turner" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] A word of caution
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:14:36 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

<There is a fine line to be drawn when it comes to sharing and posting >
<information. I had another experience of trusting someone when I should not

<have, so I would like to share the experience and help others learn. >

At the risk of sticking my foot in my mouth again, I'd like to comment and
make a suggestion.
When I first started researching I had no idea of the rules of the game, and
I also posted information on a web site that someone had given me, without
giving them credit and without documenting every item.Although this person
never said a word about, and I'm not sure that she even knew, when I DID
learn that it was offensive to some people, I immediatly deleted the whole
thing.
Maybe that is the case here? I myself do not want credit for anything I
share, I'm just glad to help, but I realize everyone does not feel the same.
Could you not make a note that it is not to be used without your permission?
It seems like that would be so much simpler than getting mad at someone who
might easily not have known the rules of the game.

JoAnne Turner
digging for Haley, Goin, Burk

This thread: