ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1046947468

From: Jeanne Carr <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Sharing information
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 05:44:28 -0500

About sharing information. I just wonder why people have a problem with
sharing information and then finding that someone has not given the first
person credit. I would think that the more we share the more opportunity we
have to come across a lost relative. I shared my family information with the
My Family website and the person who keeps the website going has opened up a
wealth of informtion and freely given it to me. My family link is now
available to others and that makes me feel good. Why are some so protective
of ancient information. I can understand the protection of living
descendants but not the deceased ones. Just a thought, I am a novice at this
but I am one who will generously share... Jeanne Carr

This thread: