ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047083978

From: Scott and Jennifer Will <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Need ideas for German research - surname Will
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:39:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

We have recently found through naturalization records that Scott's gg grandfather, John M. Will settled in Schuylkill County PA after coming over from the "Duchy of Nassau" sometime before 1851. He was born abt. 1832 and married Eliza Rehrer in Pine Grove, PA.

As we understand it, the Duchy of Nassau was an area that is now around Weisbaden in modern day Germany. We are completely new to international research and are feeling a little overwhelmed with what we should do next. We checked Germans to America and all of the John or Johann Will and variant spelling listings didn't seem to fit. We have nearly Googled our eyes out and have come up empty. We have been message board posting to no avail. There are records through LDS, but without knowing a town, we are at a loss for where to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to continue researching this ancestor? We appreciate any suggestions you can give.

Regards,

Jennifer and Scott

Still freezing in Erie PA

This thread: