ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047102138

From: Linda Cox <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Apology to Jo
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:42:18 -0600

Jo, Please don't take comments so personally, you were correct to warn
people to beware, this just seems to be a subject that quite a few
people have an opinion about, but I feel from what I have read and
contributed, everyone is prettty much on the same page. Newby's do need
to be careful, I was also stung when I first started out, a distant
cousin, called me, and we had what I thought was a nice conversation, he
asked a lot of questions, and I relayed what were some family stories,
that I had heard many times over the years, a few months later, I was
contacted by another distant cousin to check out the world tree, this
guy had put my family stories on the net, stateing as told by "my name"
Well some of this information turned out not to be correct and made me
look a little silly. Live and learn. But I for one, did not take your
comments to mean that you were selfish and would not help others, you
were just trying to warn people about giving too much information to
people that you do not know their intentions, please don't let a few bad
apples, turn you sour, after all, you have been doing this for 20 years
because you love it, keep at it. Linda Cox, Southern Illinois
--
Experience the convenience of buying online with !
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

This thread: