ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047354155

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: WorldConnect-GedLiving
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:42:35 EST

> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:25:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: Alene Vogel <>
> Subject: WorldConnect-GedLiving
>
> I'm trying to remove living people in my GEDCOM's with World Connect.
> Apparently I should use the Gedliving program, but I don't know how to do
it.
> If someone on the list can guide me through this, please contact me
> privately.

Alene-

You do NOT want to remove the living people from a GEDCOM you are about to
submit to WorldConnect. Submit your intact GEDCOM but on the Set-up page
select the option to REMOVE the LIVING instead of just cleaning them. This
will remove the living from display on WorldConnect but still allow YOU, the
submitter (and no one else), to download your INTACT GEDCOM with the living
included should you ever need it to restore data lost from your own computer
or from any backup disks you may have. This is one of the best but least
known features of WorldConnect.

WorldConnect has sophisticated Living Filters to help identify and clean or
remove the living entries in your GEDCOM. If you have birth dates or
estimates for the living entries, or even marriage dates for their parents,
births of siblings, etc. WorldConnect will be able to identify them and
remove them PROVIDED THAT you do NOT have any entry in the DEATH FIELD.

Joan

This thread: