ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047403469

From: (*****Allison*****)
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Need HELP!
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:24:29 -0500 (EST)

I am researching the Bryant, Price, Coleman surnames in NC to VA. Also I
have ran into a BIG wall with John M. Mallicott b.1881 VA married
Margaret Elizabeth James (Yorktown, VA) both of their parents were from
VA--I cannot find anything on the Mallicott name period.
Also how would I go about finding a name of a ship that sailed from
Germany via England-to New York where the Palatines later relocated in
Tulpehocken, PA, one of my ancestors died on the Atlantic in 1710 so I
ass*u*me that he died on his way over to England/US--he was Hand Georg
Riedt.
Any help would be great, the istg doesn't have a listing of the ship,
but the article "Palatines to Tulpehocken, Pa" by Charles Berwind
Montgomery, and published in the "Historical Review of Berks County"
July 1936, mentions that it was an awful winter of 1710 for the
Palatines, any guesses?
I guess I need lots of help...Lol
Thanks,
Allison