ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047432570

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Water witching
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:29:30 EST

In a message dated 3/11/03 4:52:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> My father in Law can do this today. He "witched" for water when we first got
> married so we could dig our well. Of course that was 27 years ago. He came
> by one day last summer and found the best location for a well at our house
> now.

My grandmother could and she said her grandfather found the purest water on
Magazine Mountain in Arkansas. She found water on her land in Choctaw
Nation, Indian Territory and it was so good she was able to sell barrels full
to others. I don't know how they did it, but I do envy them the ability.
Shirley Maynard

This thread: