ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047897833

From: ETM <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Definition of "Rod"
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 05:43:53 -0500

Rod is definitely a measurement <smile>.

Abbr. rd
A linear measure equal to 5.5 yards or 16.5 feet (5.03 meters). Also called pole2.
The square of this measure, equal to 30.25 square yards or 272.25 square feet (25.30 square meters). See table at measurement.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

http://www.dictionary.com

Hello Kith-n-Kin

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, you wrote

> Go here:

> http://www.convert-me.com/en/

> Should tell you that they misspelled "rod" as "rood". For those of you who care, a "rood screen" is the
> screen that separated the priests from the congregation in older churches - nothing to do with length. <G>

> Pat (in Tucson)

This thread: