ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047913529

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Definition of "Rod"
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:05:29 -0600

please ~
do not stop your search with a simple definition of ROD.
check
"surveying practices" +yourstatename

or "land surveying" +YOURSTATENAME

or in a (book-HEAVENS!!!)while at your local library.
Surveying whith chains, charcoal, posts chainmen (hind and fore) axemen and
all the steps of the surveying are quite interesting.
ya don't have to read the material like you are going tobe tested on it, but
a surface review of surveying will be a nice bit of info for your written
history.
and most of the surveying books begin in the era before township, section,
range..

Do ya all know what a RANGE is?