ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1047957724

From: "Carolyn B" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Eighth and Ninth AAF War Chronology
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:22:04 -0500

I found this GREAT site today:
http://paul.rutgers.edu/~mcgrew/wwii/usaf/html/Mar.44.html
It reports day by day on Group transfers, arrivals to new bases, combat missions and targets for the day for not only the Eigth and Ninth AAF but in the Pacific and American fronts, infact from what I can tell, most areas.
All you have to do is : following the slash after the first html, just enter the month and year..
the above link has /Mar.44.html if you want June, just enter: /Jun.44.html
This covers at least 43-45. It might go back to 41 or 42, I didn't try it.
Especially for the Eigth and Ninth AAF:
If you lost someone say on April 23, 1944, at this site you could see what type aircraft was flying on what missions (targets) that day and which type planes were lost. Also how many Died In Action (DIA), Wounded In Action (WIA) or Missing In Action (MIA) for the mission.

"Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more."

- Edward H. Harriman, Railroad Magnate

http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cb0147

This thread: