ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1048094593

From: "Sandy Pratt" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Jr & II
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:23:13 -0800

Hi All

My daughter named her son Austin Jesse Robert Smith. My great grandfather
was named Austin Smith and my daughter also married a Smith.
The Jessie is for my sister who passed away. The Robert is for the other
grandmother's brother who passed away. Everyone thought this was so neat for
her to name him like this. Well she has had so much trouble because of the
middle initials J.R. Every time he goes to the doctor or she registers him
for something or sends for a government document (like his birth cert.) and
many other circumstances everyone always thinks it is Austin Smith Jr.
Automatically they turn the name around like Smith, Austin, JR. Unless the
name is written out Austin Jesse Robert Smith, then someone automatically
thinks he is junior. We never imagined something like this! Just another
version of "junior" for all to think about in their searches and what
initials can do.

Sandy in Oregon, a lurker on this list!

This thread: