ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1048279845

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Yeager, IN to OK to CA to MO
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:50:45 EST

I have Wallace Yeager who was born 12 Jan. 1880 in IN but is not listed on
the 1880 CD.
He married my father's half sister, Maddeline DRAKE, and had 2 or 3 children
with her.
They were located on the 1910 OK census with a daughter Edith, born about
1905, and a son Elwood, born about 1907. Both children born in OK.
On the 1920 Los Angeles census they were with daughter Neville, born about
1905 and son Elwood.
Maddie died shortly after the census was taken in 1920.
Wallace remarried Mattie and was located on the 1930 census with her.
Elwood was found as Wallace Elwood on the 1930 census living in a hotel in
Los Angeles.

Elwood Wallace or Wallace Elwood Yeager was found in the CADI. He died 2
Nov. 1941 and the cause of death was alcoholic related illnesses.

The last bit of information I have is Wallace Yeager died 1966 in Pineville,
McDonald Co., MO. He was in the SSDI.
born 12 Jan. 1880
died December 1966
residence: Pineville, McDonald Co., MO.

I don't know why he was there, whether his daughter married and took him
there or just what. I didn't find his wife on the CADI (the one mentioned is
not the right one) nor on the SSDI.

I would like to find cousin Neville Yeager, born in OK, and hope someone has
something on her.

Shirley Maynard

This thread: