ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1048318937

From: Augusta Eller <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Moore's in PA
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 02:42:17 -0500

I am still trying to find the parents and siblings of my Phineas Moore who
was born and lived his entire life in Richhill Township, Greene County, PA.
He was born May 27, 1828 and died September 23, 1901. His grandparents
were Deborah and Phineas Moore who were both born in New Jersey and moved to
Greene County after marrying in Juniata County, PA in 1791. His death
record does not list his parents names and so far I've found no one who has
the information.
I have the Revolutionary War pension file for the elder Phineas but it
doesn't list the names of any of his children. I believe Phineas and
Deborah had at least 4 children according to the early censuses. The
younger Phineas was married twice -- to Rachel A. Garrett Vanatta (widow of
Jonathan Henry Vanatta) and to a woman named Annie. I am descended from
Phineas and Rachel.

Augusta Eller

This thread: