ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1048393383

Subject: [ROOTS-L] TURNER, RUSSELL, FOSTER in Oklahoma 1900
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:23:03 EST

I can't find any of the above on the 1900 census or any where else I have
looked. Was possibly in Indian Territory in Ardmore, Murray County, Oklahoma
in 1900. Ella TURNER RUSSELL b. 1885 (according to tombstone). Family story
was that she was the disowned daughter of Mazeppa Turner and his Chickasaw
Indian wife, Laura J. Johnson. Ella had a brother, Dennis, who was said to
be a train robber. She had a son, Joseph Dennis RUSSELL, born 9 Jan 1901 in
Ardmore. Father reported to be Charley RUSSELL. Ella later (where? when?
unknown) married Arthur Harlan FOSTER and died in child birth in Saratoga,
Hardin County, TX 12 DEC 1907. Arthur died in LA in 1911 in an oilfield
accident. I'm unable to scale this brick wall. Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated. Joy

This thread: