ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-03 > 1048687858

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Location of Nigg, Highland, Scotland
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:10:58 EST

In a message dated 3/26/03 2:10:43 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> Need someone to tell me where Nigg, Scotland is located

>From Bartholomew's Road Atlas of Britain, 1977. About 16 miles north by
northeast of Inverness, find a peninsula across the water, Cromarty Firth,
from Cromarty. The water on the west side of the peninsula is the Bay of
Nigg. The water on the east side is Moray Firth. The peninsula also holds the
Hill of Nigg as well as Nigg village about two and a half miles north of
Cromarty (including the ferry crossing Cromarty to Dunskeath). Cheers Bill

This thread: