ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-08 > 1060805962

From: "Bob" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: DNA
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:19:22 -0700

** Reply to message from ""Bill & Mary Stuart" <>
on Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:02:06 -0600

> As "unsecure" as the genealogy companies are, in the face of the government,
> why would anyone want their DNA floating around out there? Just follow the
> paper trails and do your research. Let this DNA rest!

No genealogy company will have the DNA results unless you give it to them. The
DNA testing company will have the records and the group you are in will see
part of the DNA that is used to identify your ancestors.

What do you do if there are no "paper trails" to follow?

I have found that my father was adopted, I have spent a long time and much
digging to try to find who his real father was. At this point I think I know
but the only way to prove that is with a DNA test as there is no "paper trail".

This thread: