ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2003-09 > 1064345032

From: Charlotte Maness <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] MISSOURI, Jefferson Co., BIRTHS & etc.
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:23:52 -0600

Just to remind everyone -- Charlotte's "Pearls" are
now archived permanently at

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/usa_genealogy/mo_newspaper.htm
--------------------------------

Jefferson Democrat
Hillsboro, Jefferson county, Missouri

FRIDAY, 2 April 1880.

OBITUARY - LEE; -- March 16, 1880, of consumption, Margaret Ann, wife of
O.H. LEE, in her 38th year.
Sister LEE suffered much toward the last, but she bore it with great
fortitude. She professed religion and united with the Baptist church in
her 20th year, and was a member of the Grubville church at the time of
her death. She has such implicit confidence in her Savior that she
never at any time doubted that she was saved. In talking with parting
friends she would tell them to meet her in heaven. But she is gone. We
shall see her no more until we pass through the dark valley of the
shadow of death and meet her there, to sing a new song even "redeeming
love". She left behind a kind husband and three little children -- the
oldest of whom is thirteen years and the youngest two -- to mourn their
loss. We extend to them our sympathy. But we mourn not as those who
have no hope. A FRIEND.

FRIDAY, 16 APRIL 1880.

TWENTY-SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT of Mo. March, 1880 - Hon. John L. THOMAS,
Hillsboro, Mo.: Dear Sir: -- The undersigned, your Democratic fellow
citizens of the 26th Judicial Circuit of Missouri, after a long and
favorable acquaintance with you as a citizen and lawyer, and from their
knowledge of your integrity and ability, and appreciating the importance
of having the Judgeship bestowed on one of ability and worth; we assume
to ask you to become a candidate for the position, subject to the action
of the Democratic Judicial convention, if she be held. And in the event
of your candidacy, we pledge to you our active and enthusiastic
support. Very respectfully yours,
W.R. DONNELL Sam BYRNS
H. HOHENTHAL C Tho HORINE
R.C. VOLKER, M.D. Thos J. JONES
J.W. JENKINS Jas. T. MOSS
N. SLAWSON Henry STELBRINK
B. MANHEIMER R.W. McMULLIN
Gust. HAMEL Albert YOUNG
R.A. ELKINS T.H. BLACKMAN
Wm. H. FARRAR, M.D. George FLINT
H. HAESSEL Geo. D. HAWKINS
Geo. L. JOHNSTON Henry HURTGEN
Lewis JAMES Tho HIGGINBOTHAM
J.P. DILLINGHAM Dexter BROADWELL
C. MARSDEN John R. COOK
John WILLIAMS Jos A. HAMMOND
H.W. POSTON, M.D. F.M. JOHNSTON
M.H. MARSDEN G.J. JOHNSTON
John QUINLAN Leonard METTS
Wm. METTS John J. JONES
H.W. THOMAS A.A. MARSDEN
L.L. MOSS Charles MEYER
C.H. THIRWELL J.W. McCREERY
M.J. MOSS J.A. KING
J.W. KING C.I. GILLMAN
S. MARSDEN Henry BRADY
P. PIPKIN John F.T. EDWATDS(?)
Jos HUFF Jas. BUFORD
B. ZWART Franz DINGER
Jno MOORE T. HARVEY
James A. GREASON(?) Geo. W. FARRAR,M.D.
W.R. EDGAR John KEMPER
Joseph L. STEPHENS N.C. GRIFFITH, M.D.
F.R. GOULDING James H. CLARK
I.G. WHI-WORTH(?) J.W. WHITWORTH
Wm. H. WHITWORTH G.R. NALL
A. MARTIN W.W. NULL

This is to certify that the county board of Equalization for Jefferson
county, Missouri, which met according to law at Hillsboro, Mo., on the
first Monday of April, 1880, raised the lands and town lots below
described as follows, to-wit:
STEINMEYER, Mary FOSTER, Jas. F.
EULER, Henry BRUHN, Peter
GAMEL, W.A. WARNE, C.O.
GAMEL, E.F. JEWETT, W.S.
WILLIAMS, E. MOORE, Robert
SMITH, A.A. BOYCE, Gabe
NACKE, Fritz RATHBUN, G.R.
RATHBUN & DONALDSON FLYNN, Patrick
CRAWFORD, S.W. RANKIN, L.J.
DECKER, H.P. MAHN, Geo.
FRECH, Mrs. C. FRECH, Andy
KEANEY, Jas PECAUT, A.
RANKIN, L.J. KLENN, J.
FLINT, Geo. D-VEIN(?), J.M.
McILLHATTAN, O. KENNEDY, Mike
BOAS, R.J. BROWN, M.F.
BRYAN & ROHLING BROWN, M.R.
HEIHIG(?), F. O'MALLEY, J.
THEOBALD(?), J. HOPSON, Jas
McNULTY, John MATTHIEU(?), L.
ROHLING, H. KELMS, Frank
WEAR, J.G. MANHEIMER, B.
ALFRED(?), Jas LEMAY, A.
KOHLHIEFER, P. FLETCHER, C.C.
KEANEY, CHURCH & THOMPSON MERRILL, J..C
COLE, J.C. HAMEL, H.
BITTICK, W.M. SMITH,----
GALVIN, M. LEGGITT(?), J.E.
Therefore it is ordered that public notice be and is hereby given that
said Board will meet as a Board of Appeals at Hillsboro, on the fourth
Monday of April inst., to hear ----- if any may be given, why such
raises should not be made on the land and town lots aforesaid.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed the seal of
said court and office in Hillsboro, Mo., this April 12, 1880. W.R.
DONNELL, Clerk County Court.
. The foregoing list included the amount of acres, a description of
the land, old amount of taxes and new amount of taxes.

democr25

This thread: