ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2004-03 > 1079968452

From: (pat creel)
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Los Angeles National Cemetery
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:14:12 -0600 (CST)

Los Angeles National Cemetery

I am looking for info on the " National Home of Disabled Volunteer
Solidiers".

Plus, I am looking for info on how to get a death record on John Creal,
b 1893 and/or Creel in:

Los Angeles National Cemetery
Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, CA
950 S. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310) 268-4675
Total records = 85,825

Originally a 20 acre tract of land for the burial of residents of the
National Home of Disabled Volunteer Solidiers, the Los Angeles National
Cemetery was later expanded to 114 acres. The first interment was that
of Abner Prather, a member of the 4th Indiana Infantry, on May 11, 1889.
There are also 14 Medal of Honor recipients buried here.

Thank you,
Pat Creel
Researching: Creal/Creel/Pendarvis of MS & AL

This thread: