ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2005-07 > 1121372066

Subject: [ROOTS-L] RE: Ancestry.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:14:26 EDT

Let's see, if you have a full subscription for a year it runs about $200.
That figures about .50 cents per day for the convenience of doing work in your
own home, at your own leisure 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 365 days.

Doesn't sound all that expensive to me. Actually my dad always told me there
was no such thing as a "Free Lunch".
Gretchen

From: Ken Conklin <>
Subject: Ancestry.com

Does anyone besides me think Ancetry.com has created a
monoply on genealogical information? It seems they
have put thmeselves into the position of charging high
fees for data that should be free to researchers.

This thread: