ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2005-07 > 1121389978

Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:12:58 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2005 10:43:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
It seems they
have put thmeselves into the position of charging high
fees for data that should be free to researchers.

It never was free, someone had to pay for the micros, for the transcribing of
that information so we could get it. The WPA did a lot and we taxpayers paid.
Information is free because someone bought the book or micro and spent hours
transcribing so we could have free. If Ancestry is willing to put it up I am
willing to pay to NOT have to drive to VA or New England to see the papers I

This thread: