ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2005-08 > 1123291833

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: ROOTS-L Digest V05 #348Rude Cousins
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:30:33 EDT

About pictures. Sue you are right. Sometimes tragic things happen. My
father came in from work one afternoon and as he drove by Gramps house there were
other family members cleaning out the house. Things were pretty picked over
and Dad just sort of sat on the running board or the old Chevy pick up. could
not understand why they could not wait, well because if they did he might want
something that belonged to their parents. As he got up and started across
the yard there was a pile of "JUNK" in the back side and he wandered over and
low and be hold were photo albums, naturalization papers and Gramps and Grams
wedding license. I bless my dad for these few memories, he would tell me how
hard it was for his folks, just to have their own children toss their
precious memories tossed out with tomorrow's trash, and now my treasure.
Would I share? Yes, but only copies never will I give up the real thing.
Thank you for allowing me to say this.
Margie

This thread: