ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2005-08 > 1123356674

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: ROOTS-L Digest V05 #351
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:31:14 EDT

I have been following the Rude Cousins comments for several days and now I
have to throw in my two cents worth. I, too, have sent family information as
well as copies of family photos, done on a color copier, paid the cost of that
as well as postage, mailed them off and only on rare occasions have I ever
received acknowledgement or an offer to repay me. Do I care? No, because I love
helping people and I have been the recipient of much information as well as
copies of family pictures others had and I feel fully repaid for the other
things. But my original pictures will never leave my possession until I die.
They are mine because my mother and grandmother cared enough to keep them. I
have shared copies of them with some cousins and received in return copies of
some they had that I would never have known about. otherwise. That more
than makes up for the others. What goes around comes around.

Nadine

This thread: