ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2005-12 > 1136040138

From: "Candi" <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] How old were you when you started your genealogy? What got
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 06:42:18 -0800 (PST)

How I got started in genealogy was really quite funny. I was 30 years
old and my brother wanted me to to search for our "Rich uncle " . It
was said that when he died he left the family 40 million dollars. I
personally thought this was a joke. He gave me the name of the uncle
and sent me on my way.

I went to my dad for some answers and most of all questions. He said
it was very true that we had a rich uncle and the money was in Sweden.
So I started like anyone else with my parents and grandparents and as
I did more and more rsearch I found I wasn't really interested in the
money but in learning more about my family and our history. I found
that the bug had bitten me and our family history was much richer than
any amount of money.

Needless to say I did find the money and the uncle but the joke was
on us. The money truly was there but our cousin had claimed it about
50 years before us . My brothers were very disappointed but I thought
it was very funny.

I have now been doing this for many many years and I have now
started working on my husbands family tree as well. So I guess
really I can thank that "rich uncle " for getting me started.

My family lines I am working on ; Cantrell, Cantrill, Trujillo, Serna,
Jacobson, Benson. Galindo, Hinsley.

My husbands lines are ; Palmer, Litherland, DeGrande, Nola Smith,
Bradbury, Newman , Farmer , Bastick

Candi

http://imaginationspheres.com/
God Bless You Always