ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2006-02 > 1139531109

From: "ginny" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Document Preservation
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:25:09 -0600

Depending on where you live...try the local State Historical Society Archivist.
At the Wisc. Hist. Society she took a large obit., which was broken into
teeny pieces, put the pieces into a sheet of plastic-like Milar (?) the sz. of a
newspaper sheet--it's in fine order.
The pieces have not moved an inch.
The cost was $32.00 ..But six yrs. later they still have not cashed my check.
Hmm(Maybe they'll find it now<G>)
ginny seaholm
Wi.
From: Vosburg <>
Subject: Document preservation.

How can I soften a document that has been tightly rolled for nearly 100
years? I would like to look at it, photograph it for my book, perhaps
even frame it. I don't want to smear the ink that I am sure is fading
or tear the edges. It is a large document. Perhaps a "Perfect
Attendance" certificate or diploma. Thanks, Rose

This thread: